EVERY GIFT COUNTS!! Endowment Fund Brochure
In 2005 the CTL was the recipient of the PLA EBSCO “Excellence in Small and/or Rural Public Library Service Award”, becoming one of only 11 libraries in the country to win this national award. The award came with a $1000 prize, which the CTL Board of Trustees used to establish this fund. Donations are invested under the direction of the Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan
Fund Established: 2006 $1000 award from PLA and a $1000 gift from Glennie Friends of the Library
End Balance FY2018: $18,118.77
Our Connection to the Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan
All donations to this fund are invested under the direction of the Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan. As specified by the Foundation’s guidelines and policies, the assets are invested for a sound combination of principal and income growth. Audits are performed annually and available to the public for review.
- Our fund benefits from being a part of a larger, multi-million dollar pool of assets!
- Donors to our fund can be assured that information about the size and nature of their gift is held in confidence and that it will be used for the purpose for which it was given.
- Donors have the right to remain anonymous, in which case, their name will not be printed in any Foundation publication.
- Funds at the Community Foundation provide the greatest positive community impact with minimum cost and maximum tax deductibility.
- Charitable gifts are deductible for taxpayers who itemize on their federal income tax return.
- The State of Michigan also provides an additional incentive by allowing a tax credit on any state income tax return as follows:
TYPES OF GIFTS
Listed below are a few ways you can contribute to our fund at the Community Foundation:
- Gifts of Cash A gift of cash is one of the most popular choices for many donors. Simply fill out and return the form located on the next panel along with a check made out to the Community Foundation in the amount of your choice.
- Credit Card / On-line Gifts Donors can use their credit card to make a gift. You can call the Community Foundation office toll free at (877) 354-6881 and the staff would be very happy to take your information. Even easier, donors can go to our secure website, www.cfnem.org , and click on the online giving button. Then go down to the list of funds, find the Curtis Township Library Endowment Fund and click on it, type in the amount of your gift and click “donate.” Then just fill in the required information. In a couple of days you will receive an official receipt from the Community Foundation.
- Appreciated Securities A donor can make a gift of appreciated securities, take a tax deduction for the market value of the gift, and pay no capital gains tax.
- Bequests Bequests made in wills or trusts are attractive methods of giving for people who want to minimize estate taxes and continue supporting our purpose.
- Life Insurance Policies Donors may choose to make a gift by assigning a life insurance policy to the Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan.
- Deferred Gifts Charitable gift annuities and trusts are excellent avenues of giving. It is a contract between the donor and the Foundation that stipulates that the donor wishes to receive a life income in the form of an annuity. After the income-paying period, the money held by the Foundation will be transferred to our endowment fund.
Endowment Fund Brochure