The CTL is located in the western part of Alcona County, in the heart of the Huron National Forest, and serves the towns of Glennie & Curtisville. Curtis Township Library is the 8th smallest public library in the State of Michigan based on population served. The township has a population of 1236 and the CTL has 766 active patrons – which means nearly 62% of the population have used their library card within the past 2 years. The CTL was established in 1992. The current 3800 sq. ft. building was constructed in 1998 with 100% grant funds & community donations. Since our grand opening in 1998, we have been able to expand the library’s scope of services far beyond what our library board ever envisioned when our new building was in the planning stages. Our 6 library board members formed the core of a volunteer construction crew; their dedication to improving library services in our township was honored by the American Library Association in 2005 with the national Excellence in Small and/or Rural Library Service Award.